The Spirit of God is arresting our attention and focusing us upon His agenda which is the very heartbeat of God. He is a God who has definite strategies and works according to a fixed set of plans. Nothing, absolutely nothing is a happenstance with the Lord for He is a God of order. He has a plan concerning the nations. His agenda is far more serious than anything man can comprehend, for He always deals with eternal issues and the eternity of entire nations is at stake.” Adapted from Michael Howard
The following are general prayer requests for all nations. It is good to incorporate them into your prayer meetings on a regular basis. In some of the Houses of Prayer I have been involved in, I’ve printed them out and kept them in the prayer room. I have taped prayer requests for the lost, for the city, for the nation, and for the world on the walls for everyone to see. I also have brought several copies of each one, leaving them on the table for others to take and use in prayer. Have prayer fuel for the city and nation always available in the prayer room. Pray for the nations that God lays on your heart individually and as a group. Mix intercession, worship, and singing together—and always expect God to answer.
- Thank God for how He is working in the nations – Philippians 4:6.
- Pray for unity in the body of Christ – Matthew 12:25; John 17:23.
- Pray for a spiritual awakening among the lost – John 14:13-14; 16:24; 2 Peter 3:9.
- Pray for leaders – Ephesians 4:11; 1 Timothy 2:1-3.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s Spirit of revival on His people – Psalm 85:6; Isaiah 64:1-3.
- Pray that God’s people will walk in holiness and obedience – Psalm 81:11-12.
- Pray for the fear of the Lord to touch all Christians so they hate evil – Proverbs 8:13; 2 Corinthians 7:1.
- Pray for God to send His workers into the harvest field – Matthew 28:19-20.
- Pray that the body of Christ will reach out to the poor and needy – Proverbs 21:13; Hebrews 13:3.
- Pray for revival among children and youth and that God will use them mightily for His glory – Mark 9: 37; 10:13-14.
- Pray for just laws and righteous moral standards – 1 Tim. 2:1-4.
- Pray that the Word of God will be given its rightful place – Psalm 119:126.
- Pray that there will be united intercession in cities and regions with the ability to pray against the major principalities over those areas – Ephesians 6:12-13.
- Pray that God’s people will wage spiritual warfare as directed by the Holy Spirit – Ephesians 6:10-18.
“The key to the authority of the intercessor is when his heartbeat aligns with the heartbeat of Almighty God. Nothing is more pressing than that the nations and multitudes who are marching to a Christless eternity should be saved. How I saw the agendas of men: so many and varied and all of such vital importance to them, but there was only one paramount agenda to God: THE NATIONS. I instantly realized that the entire task of the glorious triune God was completely and utterly devoted to this one supreme purpose for which Jesus had so freely given His life. All else was rather trivial in comparison and we all had majored on the trivial.” Michael Howard