“Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'” Matthew 9:35-38
- FEET – He went. “Jesus went through all the towns and villages” (Matthew 9:35). “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those . . “ The basic need for the transference of life, knowledge or love is relationship developed by being together.
- MOUTH – He preached. “… preaching the good news of the kingdom” (Matthew 9:35). “I am not ashamed of the gospel…” Fear – example Paul – Acts
- HANDS – He served. “… and healing every disease and sickness” (Matthew 9:35-36). Physical healing Spiritual healing
- HEART – He wept. “When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd” (Matthew 9:36).
- KNEES – He Prayed. “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field'” (Matthew 9:38). The harvest The cry for workers The type of worker The power released from prayer – Ekballo
Lighthouse of Prayer Course Links and Resources
- Lighthouses of Prayer
- Lighthouse of Prayer Course
- A Portrait of a Lighthouse of Prayer
- Bringing the Touch of Jesus through Prayer
- Essentials of a Lighthouse Lifestyle
- Principles of Prayer for a Lighthouse Lifestyle
- Biblical Principles for a Lighthouse Lifestyle
- Starting a Lighthouse Prayer Meeting
- Simple Steps in Establishing a Lighthouse
For more information, see the Lighthouse Movement website.