“Intercession! Would one not say that this is the very holiest exercise of our boldness as God’s children? It is the highest privilege and enjoyment connected to our communion with God. It is the power of being used by God as instruments for His great work of making men His habitation and showing forth His glory.” Andrew Murray
The Call to Mentor Others in Prayer
What are some ways to develop the art, skill or mastery of prayer and intercession. What keys do you need for its release?
The art of intercession! It’s so amazing, so vast, so all consuming. Art refers to any skill or mastery. If intercession changes history and nations, how can I master this great occupation? How can I help other master it? What do I need to develop in order to succeed in intercession throughout my entire life? What are the keys to a passionate and fervent life of intercession? We long to be wholehearted and passionate. We long to do great things for God. We long to make a deep and lasting impact.
We are called to disciple, motivate, exhort, train and mentor others in prayer. We are influencers for prayer wherever we go. We are forerunners for prayer. We are called to help others to ignite the fire of prayer. God’s Church will become a praying Church. Take hold of this noble task and take it seriously. People want to grow in prayer.
I run into people all the time who are called to intercessors who only hesitantly say they are intercessors. We have to speak into the lives of others. We have to tell them if we feel they are called to pray.
The Intercessors Arise books are designed to help you lead people into a deeper and more fulfilling prayer life:
- We can’t teach prayer in 3 easy steps. It is much too vast – so many aspects. It’s a beautiful diamond.
- You must hunger after God passionately yourself and you will model prayer.
- The Intercessors Arise books are designed to help you personally in your prayer life but to also help you teach and train others.
- Each book has about 30 motivational teachings on prayer to implement in small group settings. They are highly practical, Biblical, and with lots of stories.
- Your sessions will be dynamically unique as you guide discussions on the topic of prayer and intercession.
- There are assignments to bring out the teachings of that chapter so it is all set out before you. You can adapt it to your particular situation.
- You will be able to practice what you are learning in your prayer meetings.
- You can go as fast or slow as the Lord leads your particular group.
- You can teach and preach this material to larger groups and churches.
- You are part of a wider network of intercessors. Never forget this. God is uniting all of us as intercessors. There is a strength to unity.
- On the Intercessors Arise and Nations House of Prayer Equipping Center web sites, you can find many additional tools you can use for mentoring others in prayer.
“Of what infinite importance is the place the intercessor holds in the Kingdom of God! Is it not indeed a matter of wonder that God should give men such power? Yet there are so few who know what it is to take hold of His strength and pray down His blessing on the world.” Andrew Murray
For help in mentoring others in prayer, see the Intercessors Arise bookstore.
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International