“The words you speak are vital to your health and well being. I believe there are some diseases that will never be cured unless people learn to speak the language of health that the body understands. God’s Word is infused (engrafted) into you by giving voice to His Word with your own mouth, and this is the language of health to your body.” Charles Chapp
I encourage you to pray Scriptures of healing and health for yourself and those who are sick. When I was diagnosed with cancer, I began to pray many Scriptures regarding health and healing over my situation. Almost every day I would pray the Bible over my body. It helped me so much, and although I did have surgery, I am now cancer-free.
God can heal in many different ways. He can use doctors, He can heal miraculously, He can heal through nutrition, He can use the prayers of the elders in the church, and He can heal through counselors. I find that you cannot put God into a box. He can heal in various ways, and He can do it quickly or over time. We have to be open to all His ways of healing. Each one is a miracle in its own way. He is the God who heals.
“But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.” Malachi 4:2
Bible Verses Relating to Health and Healing
The Bible talks so much about health and healing. Don’t be hesitant to pray the Word of God over those who are sick. People appreciate it when you do. Praying the Word of God out loud is powerful. There are many verses that speak about healing and health. There are many verses relating health to right living and what Jesus did on the Cross relating to our sickness and infirmities. The following are a few good verses you can use that someone sent me when I was sick.
- Exodus 15:25-26 – “He said, ‘If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
- Matthew 8:16-17 – “When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: ‘He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases.’”
- Ezekiel 34:16 – “I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak… I will shepherd the flock with justice.”
- Proverbs 4:20-22 – “My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.”
- Psalm 107:20-21 – “He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.”
- Jeremiah 33:6 – “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”
- Isaiah 53:4-5 – “Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
As you pray Scripture over yourself or someone who is ill, always keep in mind that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, it is important to take care of it the best you can through right nutrition, exercise, nutritional supplements, proper rest, etc. There is a need to obey God in taking care of His temple.
May God help us all to eat and live healthy for His glory. We have been bought with a price.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit, who lives within you, whom you have received (as a gift) from God? You are not your own. You were bought with a price (purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own). So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International