“It’s very valid to pray for spiritual passion, for consuming zeal, for a release of insatiable hunger in your heart, for holy thoughts and godly desires. It’s valid to pray that you might see and feel what the Father sees and feels when He beholds His dear Son. It’s valid to cry out for intimacy with the person who feeds you from His own hand, the person who guards your soul, the person who gives you wisdom and revelation, the person from whose mouth comes knowledge and understanding.” Mike Bickle
24/7 prayer and worship releases the wisdom and the purposes of God. As we near the end of the age, there is the increasing necessity to know God’s wisdom in our personal lives and in the corporate body of Christ. We cannot afford to live undisciplined, prayerless lives. It’s time to pray for a spiritual passion and zeal to consume the people of God. We need to cry out to God for a new level of His wisdom. This will enable us to live out in a practical way God’s will. He will direct us to do the most important things at the right time. This will bring a greater increase of fruitfulness and effectiveness as we move out of the prayer room with the wisdom and authority of God in increasing measure. Praying biblical prayers for wisdom will have a dramatic effect in your area. Permeate your area with prayers for the treasures of God to be released in wisdom and understanding. I encourage you to begin to pray the following Scriptures over your city and over the body of Christ.
Pray for the Release of God’s Wisdom
- Pray that the wisdom of the treasures and mystery of Christ will be released in your city – “My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” (Colossians 2:2-3).
- Pray that the wisdom of the Spirit will be released in our lives – “Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your hold mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God” (Psalm 43:3-4).
- Pray that the wisdom of God’s purposes will be released in the corporate church – “… this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles, the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realm, according to his eternal purposes which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Ephesians 3:8b-11).
- Pray that the wisdom of God will be released in particular ministries and churches – “For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God” (Colosians 1:9-10).
- Pray that the wisdom needed for our personal direction will be released in our lives – “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all the day” (Psalm 25:4-5).
Let us remember that when 24-7 prayer is started in our cities, God will release His Spirit of wisdom in increasing measure. We should pray the above biblical prayers for wisdom individually, in our church prayer meetings and then in our 24-7 citywide prayer meetings. Began where you are at present. If you do not have 24-7 prayer in your city, pray these prayers over your region so that God can prepare the area for what He wants to do. Do not be discouraged, but know that God is more interested in 24-7 prayer than you and I are. He will bring it about in His timing. Let us not grow weary. Pray that the Spirit of prayer would fall on the church regionally and worldwide. We read in Zechariah 12:10a, “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication.”
By Debbie Przybylski
Intercessors Arise International