“Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see” (Daniel 1:12-13).
There are some natural ways that we can bring healing to our bodies. Often these health cures are overlooked and rarely prescribed. So many individuals are now considering some natural ways to improve their health. The exciting thing to realize is that these health remedies often work. These can even reduce the risk of serious cancers. The following are a few of these remedies:
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants enhance the immune system and protect the body from forming free radicals. Free radical cause damage to cells and lead to infection and disease. We recommend that you eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits and take a high potency, antioxidant-rich multivitamin.
- Fiber – This is so important for your intestines and normal bowel function. Fiber can help with both constipation and diarrhea. Some foods that are good in fiber are beans, carrots, prunes, baked potatoes, broccoli, apples and all-bran cereal.
- Green food – These come from highly nutritious whole plants, fruits and vegetables and also such foods as soy and barley sprouts, rice bran, flaxseed, alfalfa and wheat grass. They help facilitate digestion and absorption of nutrients and help to balance the body’s pH that improves overall health.
- Yogurt – Yogurt contains friendly bacteria which helps prevent the diarrhea, flatulence, and gastrointestinal distress brought on by poorly digested lactose from dairy products. We recommend that you buy nonfat yogurt without added sweeteners, and look for the “live and active cultures” label.
- Minerals – Minerals are needed for the proper composition of body fluids, the formation of blood and bone, the maintenance of healthy nerve function and the regulation of muscle tone. They enable the body to perform its functions, including energy production, growth and healing.
- Exercise – Exercise lowers blood sugar and strengthens the heart, reduces body fat and boosts the immune system. Exercise goes hand in hand with a healthy diet. You should exercise at least 30 minutes, three times a week.
- Vitamin C – A daily intake of at least 10,000 mg. of vitamin C is recommended. Vitamin C helps the body in so many ways. It can even attract to damaged artery walls, caused by “bad” LDL cholesterol, and work to facilitate artery repair.
- Stop Smoking – Smoking is devastating to your health. More smokers die of hypertension than any other high-risk group. According to the American Heart Association, smoking is the number one cause of sudden death from heart attack.
Daniel tried the natural remedy to health, and he and his men were healthier than all the other young men who ate the royal food at the king’s table. After having cancer in 2005, I have realized more and more how very important it is to eat right and exercise. I still have a way to go, but at least I am on the right track. I am very fortunate because my husband makes the freshest, healthiest salads and fruit drinks that you have ever tasted! The above list is a good reminder for us of some of the things we need in our daily diet in order to stay healthy. A healthy lifestyle using God’s natural remedies will not only help us physically but in so many other ways as well. The prophet Daniel is our example. Test yourself as Daniel did, and you will find this to be true!
“At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead. To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand vision and dreams of all kinds” (Daniel 1:15-17).
Health Arise Articles
- Fruits and Vegetables in Abundance
- God’s Peace in a Stressful World
- Health and Healing Scriptures
- Health and the Battlefield of the Mind
- How to Handle Stress God’s Way
- Natural Health Remedies and Cures
- Recharging Your Emotional Battery
- Sowing Good Health in our Family Line
- Sugars that Heal
- Understanding Stress in Your Life
- A Letter for Health Arise Subscribers